401 Metals Plan
Forums & Blogs
& Fed Reserve
Open Mkt Ops
Dept of Treasury
US Dollar Index
US Dollar Index
See current News
Weekday NEWS to Comfort the Disturbed and Disturb the Comfortable.
Not exactly a constitutional republic anymore, . . . is it?
What are we NOW and where are we going?
The Multi-Trillion-Dollar Free Lunch
By Joel Bowman - The DailyReckoning.com
04/15/10 Taipei, Taiwan – Milton Friedman got it wrong; there IS such a thing as a “free lunch.” Just ask any mainstream economist. These folks relish the opportunity to beguile anyone – whether or not they are possessed of the time and inclination to listen – with a litany of magic public programs, all designed to serve up the gratis grub. The unspoken dilemma, alas, is that “free” lunches are usually so expensive that neither nation nor individual can ever reasonably hope to afford them. Invariably, as those in the European welfare utopia are lately discovering, “free” lunches often end up costing unsuspecting diners their breakfast and dinner money, too…just as the free-market economist had warned. Deficit spending…market meddling…price controls…subsidies…bailouts and boondoggles of every stripe… You name it; the teleconomist has an ill-conceived sermon for credulous acolytes everywhere. Let’s start at the end of the beginning of the end…
***** Excellent! *****
The LONG TREND
by Warren Edward Pollock
excerpt:. . . . Markets must be paid for with empire. Capital resides in the life support needed to make the poor rich through compressive anticipatory design science. Freedom depends not on details but instead on the integrity of having overview.
I forecast that we are in a breakdown collapse of empire, not a depression. We must work to reverse the myopic and dated concept of Malthusian shortage through integrity and comprehensive anticipatory design science. Shortly we must either act or face the consequence of societal embezzlement, a dark age.
PTG is taking an e-mail SURVEY:
For all those in favor of a MEMBERS ONLY section of the web site . . . content would include a blog where you can vent YOUR opinions, and this members only section would be IN ADDITION to the current radio show and front page news which will remain available at NO EXTRA CHARGE.
Would you willing to pay a reasonable annual fee to join a more private "members only" online forum for in depth information on the economy, politics, and other matters of interest?
Please e-mail us: Send us your comments about "members only" paid access to ADDITIONAL off-the-air commercial free podcasts, more opinions and commentary, plus unadvertised specials on gold and silver. Tell us what it would be worth to you on an annual paid-membership basis. You will NOT be obligated to 'join' anything by submitting your comments. We need your input.
Income Tax vs. Consumption Tax
Now, let's look at Health Care Reform legislation:
H.R. 3590: House version passed as an 'amendment' to a 1986 IRS bill on 12.24.2009:
Entitled ‘‘An Act to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to modify the first-time homebuyers credit in the case of members of the Armed Forces and certain other Federal employees, and for other purposes.’’
SHORTTITLE — This Act may be cited as the ‘‘Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act’’.
HR 3590: Senate version passed 01.05.2010:
Entitled The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
Thomas - Library of Congress - look up HR 3590
Chairman Waxman: Today is a historic moment
Health Care Reform Publications
Sunday, 21 March 2010 07:25
Summary of Health Care Reform Legislation
(notice the 'Obama campaign-like' logo and the words in the banner's background - socialist slogans and rhetoric)
PREPARED BY THE HOUSE COMMITTEES ON WAYS AND MEANS, ENERGY AND COMMERCE, AND EDUCATION AND LABOR
MARCH 23, 2010
Are seeing ONLY what the government wants us to see?
Maybe it's time to look a little closer
Judge Andrew Napolitano
Health-Care Reform Will Set Up "Ready Reserve" Health Corps Doctors and health care workers will training with the military and they will have power of the military. Tuition and student stipends paid by government and 2 years service is required for every one year of training.
Obama's Civilian Army is now LAW and is Funded
H.R.3590 - Became Public Law No: 111-148
Title: Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act
Sponsor: Rep Rangel, Charles B. [NY-15] (introduced 9/17/2009)
Related Bills: H.CON.RES.254, H.RES.1203, H.R.3780, H.R.4872, S.1728, S.1790
- Rep Becerra, Xavier [CA-31] - 9/17/2009
- Rep Berkley, Shelley [NV-1] - 9/17/2009
- Rep Blumenauer, Earl [OR-3] - 9/17/2009
- Rep Brown-Waite, Ginny [FL-5] - 9/17/2009
- Rep Courtney, Joe [CT-2] - 10/6/2009
- Rep Crowley, Joseph [NY-7] - 9/17/2009
- Rep Davis, Artur [AL-7] - 9/17/2009
- Rep Davis, Danny K. [IL-7] - 9/17/2009
- Rep Doggett, Lloyd [TX-25] - 9/17/2009
- Rep Etheridge, Bob [NC-2] - 9/17/2009
- Rep Filner, Bob [CA-51] - 10/6/2009
- Rep Green, Al [TX-9] - 10/6/2009
- Rep Gutierrez, Luis V. [IL-4] - 10/6/2009
- Rep Higgins, Brian [NY-27] - 9/17/2009
- Rep Johnson, Henry C. "Hank," Jr. [GA-4] - 10/6/2009
- Rep Jones, Walter B., Jr. [NC-3] - 9/17/2009
- Rep Kagen, Steve [WI-8] - 9/17/2009
- Rep Kind, Ron [WI-3] - 9/17/2009
- Rep Larson, John B. [CT-1] - 9/17/2009
- Rep Levin, Sander M. [MI-12] - 9/17/2009
- Rep Lewis, John [GA-5] - 9/17/2009
- Rep McDermott, Jim [WA-7] - 9/17/2009
- Rep McGovern, James P. [MA-3] - 10/6/2009
- Rep Meek, Kendrick B. [FL-17] - 9/17/2009
- Rep Minnick, Walter [ID-1] - 10/7/2009
- Rep Moore, Dennis [KS-3] - 10/6/2009
- Rep Neal, Richard E. [MA-2] - 9/17/2009
- Rep Pascrell, Bill, Jr. [NJ-8] - 9/17/2009
- Rep Peters, Gary C. [MI-9] - 10/6/2009
- Rep Platts, Todd Russell [PA-19] - 10/6/2009
- Rep Pomeroy, Earl [ND] - 9/17/2009
- Rep Sanchez, Linda T. [CA-39] - 9/17/2009
- Rep Schwartz, Allyson Y. [PA-13] - 9/17/2009
- Rep Skelton, Ike [MO-4] - 9/17/2009
- Rep Stark, Fortney Pete [CA-13] - 9/17/2009
- Rep Tanner, John S. [TN-8] - 9/17/2009
- Rep Thompson, Mike [CA-1] - 9/17/2009
- Rep Titus, Dina [NV-3] - 10/6/2009
- Rep Van Hollen, Chris [MD-8] - 9/17/2009
- Rep Yarmuth, John A. [KY-3] - 9/17/2009
Judge Andrew Napolitano on Obama Corps
Just what are National Security Issues?
Obama Just Got His Private Army
Remember when Obama said he wanted a "national security force?" Not the national guard, but a civilian force that has not sworn to uphold the Constitution but trains with the military. July 2, 2008 in a speech in Colorado Springs:
Remember that first alarming glimpse of what that army might look like? Notice how much these "Hitler youth" type young men talk about health care! . . . chanting "Alpha-Omega" as if Obama was a god.
Bits & Pieces from H.R. 3590. . . .
Subtitle C-Increasing the Supply of the Health Care Workforce